Candidate Nomination filings for the June 20, 2023 Primary
The Democratic Party will accept Candidate Nomination filings for the June 20, 2023 Primary for all candidates starting March 20th at 12:00PM – April 6th at 4:59PM. The candidate can file required paperwork in person (see below) with the Nominating Committee Chair – Karen Combs at 415 4th Street NE, Suite 5 Charlottesville VA 22902.
These should include from each candidate:
- Petition Signatures:
- House of Delegates HD55 – 125 signatures
- Senate of Virginia – SD11 – 250 signatures
- County Board of Supervisors Member – 125 signatures
- Water Conservation Director – 25 signatures
- Sheriff – 125 signatures
- Commonwealth’s Attorney – 125 signatures
- Clerk of Court – 125 signatures
2. Declaration of Candidacy
3. Primary Filing Fee Receipt from the County Treasurer in which the Candidate lives.
***If more than one candidate files at the same time, both filings will be marked as such and the Department of Elections will draw straws to see which Candidate will be placed first on the ballot.
There is also a County filing fee:
- House of Delegates – $250
- Senate of Virginia – $500
- Local/Constitutional Offices – $75
Please make the checks out to Albemarle County Democratic Party.
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Combs at 423-833-6456 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The James and Nellie Butler Scholarship for Community Service
Students, the application for the annual James and Nellie Butler Scholarship is now open. Visit the 2023 Scholarship Page and fill out the application form.
The deadline to apply is Monday, May 1, 2023.