If you want to play a more active role in democracy — and, maybe, hopefully, help kick avid seditionist Bob Good out of office — now’s your chance.
We need to send delegates to upcoming Congressional caucuses for Virginia’s 5th and 7th districts. At those virtual meetings, some of our delegates, along with others from neighboring counties, will be chosen to represent our districts at the State Central Committee.
We need 31 delegates from Albemarle County for the 5th district, and 1 delegate from the Free Union corner of the 7th district. If you’d like a shot at representing Albemarle for either of those districts, here’s the timeline to get involved.
FOR THE 5TH DISTRICT:
- By Feb. 10: Apply online here to represent Albemarle at the 5th district caucus.
- Feb. 15 at 6 p.m.: The Albemarle Dems will meet virtually to vote on who we’re sending to the 5th district caucus.
- March 5: If you’re chosen to be one of those 31 delegates, you’ll attend another virtual meeting where the 5th District Dems will vote on who’ll represent us statewide. Those delegates will meet six times in the coming year to coordinate campaign strategy for this fall’s elections.
FOR THE 7TH DISTRICT:
- By Feb. 12: If you’re from Free Union, apply online here to be a delegate at the 7th district caucus.
- Feb. 19 at 11:30 a.m.: The Dems of CD7 will meet virtually to decide their delegates.
Email us here, and we’ll connect you with the answers you need. Thanks for your time and interest in helping with these important roles!